On 13-16 May 2019 two UCN representatives – associate professors Mehmed Sertug Basar and Jens Henrik Nielsen from Automation, Energy and International Relations departments visited Panevėžys Mechatronics Center (PMC) and KTU Panevežys Technology and Business Faculty to discuss further the collaboration.
Following the Erasmus + funded visit, which promotes cross-border cooperation between research institutions, UCN and PMC agreed to develop two projects: artificial intelligence based energy saving project and agro-robot construction. The intention is to apply for international green energy funds. The first project was proposed on the basis of the ongoing PMC initiative (see panevezys4.lt for more details), the second is the Danish and Brazilian initiative, to which the PMC and KTU will join at a later stage.
The visit focused on specific existing and potential projects in industry 4.0 domains: artificial intelligence, cloud computing, machine training, zero error production.
In order to introduce Danes with the science and technology infrastructure of Panevėžys city, PMC organized a study tour, showing:
- PMC laboratory of Micro / Nano technologies
- KTU laboratory of robotics
- Panevėžio Kolegija (University of Applied Sciences)
- UAB “Adax” smart radiator factory
- Robolab – robotics training center, newly established by Panevėžys Municipality
- Panevėžys Industry 4.0 initiative
- Rifas – an electronic systems manufacturing company
- Profesinio Rengimo Centras – Vocational Training Centre
- Neurotechnology – provider of high-precision biometric identification technologies